By Parker’s Human Resources Department
This past Saturday, March 4, Parker hosted our annual Diversity Job Fair for Independent Schools, an important recruiting event Parker established 19 years ago in partnership with The Latin School of Chicago and the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools. This was Parker’s 10th year serving as host since the Fair’s inception in 2005.
The success of this year’s Fair was a group effort, and we thank:
- DJF table representatives Dan Frank, Vahn Phayprasert, Sarah Beebe, Kingsley Tang and Xiao Zhang
- Registration table volunteers Karen Fisher, Lindsey Hogge, Karen Liszka and Brittney Washington
- Margaret Dailey for assisting with event-day logistics
- Nick Saracino for going above and beyond to market the Fair
- Brent Caburnay for speaking on behalf of Parker and promoting the Fair on WVON
- Zac and Quest for providing our guests with refreshments
- Maintenance and Security for setting up the space, as well as keeping the entrance clear and the school safe during multiple, simultaneous events
- And, of course, the Parker community for 19 years (and counting) of support for DJF
Through the online registration process, Parker and 20 other participating schools received more than 100 resumes from candidates interested in participating in the Fair, either by attending or through the resume distribution option of our registration process.
The following schools have participated in past DJFs and joined us again for this year’s Fair: Baker Demonstration School, Beacon Academy, Bennett Day School, Catherine Cook School, Frances Xavier Warde School, Hyde Park Day School/Sonia Shankman Orthogenic School, Latin School of Chicago, LEARN Charter Schools, Loyola Academy, North Park Elementary School, North Shore Country Day School, Sacred Heart Schools, St. Ignatius College Prep, St. Paul Academy and Summit School (Minnesota), University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, University School of Milwaukee (Wisconsin) and Wolcott College Prep.
We are also happy to announce that the following schools participated in DJF for the first time this year: Chicago Jesuit Academy, DePaul College Prep and Horizon Science Academy – McKinley Park.
We are fortunate to have sourced 13 current employees from DJF throughout the years and are grateful for Parker’s ongoing support of this important networking and recruitment opportunity. A special shout-out to all members of our community who have made, and continue to make, our involvement and hiring successes in this Fair possible each year.