None of us is the same as we were before the spring of 2020. Parker is committed to being better. Last year we quickly and successfully adjusted to the restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have now begun the 2021–22 school year with even greater resolve, knowledge, creativity and a strong sense of gratitude. With the guidance of science, we are again opening our doors to 946 students for in-person learning across all 14 grade levels from Junior Kindergarten (age 4) to 12th Grade on our beautiful six-acre campus in Lincoln Park. Enrolled students come from 54 different zip codes and 43% of students self-identify as students of color. Twenty-five percent of our students receive financial assistance.
We are excited to get to know you and for you to get to know us through the admission process! Rooted in the progressive education approach of Colonel Francis W. Parker and John Dewey, Parker has been educating children since 1901. Parker’s timeless and transformative approach to education teaches students to think and act with empathy, courage and clarity as responsible citizens and leaders in a diverse democratic society and global community. Parker students go beyond basic coursework and excel in their exploration and mastery of learning. Equipped with a Parker education and the Parker community spirit, how will your student be able to change the world?
Diversity is an educational value at Parker. We are a school deliberately composed of a diverse group of people, dedicated to opening our doors for broad access to our inclusive school community. In our admission process and in our school, we aim to overcome individual and systemic obstacles to a Parker education. We uphold the values of diversity, equity and inclusion in both our community and in our curriculum.
School choice can be confusing and stressful. There are very few more consequential decisions you will make as a parent than choosing a school home for your child and family. At Parker, we invite you to inquire, discover and enjoy the journey of your child’s school selection process.
This is the right time to explore the value of a Parker education. Here are just 10 of the many reasons to start your exploration now:
- Highest health and safety standards and protocols are in full force and effect.
- A student teacher ratio of 8:1.
- Small class sizes foster intellectual as well as social-emotional growth in Parker students.
- Stability of Parker’s school leadership provides consistency during tumultuous times.
- Parental involvement is valued and integrated into the life of the school.
- Robust and consistent communications are shared with parents.
- Parker’s progressive education inspires children through active engagement and immersive learning.
- A cohesive community in divisive times, Parker models, teaches and motivates students to lead with empathy, courage and clarity.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion as a guiding light fosters healthy identity development in Parker students.
- Individual attention is given to the needs of every Parker student and family in our responsive school community.
Visit us virtually or in-person and meet our Team for a warm welcome to Parker. Explore our web site and register to attend our events
. We want to provide you with all the information and insights you need to make this important decision about your child’s future. Applications for admission
are due by Friday, December 31 and applications for financial assistance
are due by Saturday, January 15.
We look forward to meeting you soon! Feel free to email or call us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen G. Fisher
Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid