A Message to Parker Alumni Regarding the School and Covid-19
Dear Fellow Parker Alumni,
I hope that you and your families are well during this strange and potentially estranging time.
We know that school closures as a method of social distancing are a highly effective safety intervention that can be used to fight a pandemic—as the World Health Organization has now termed COVID-19. We believe that taking action to help prevent and slow the spread of the virus is in keeping with Parker’s mission and values. Therefore, although there are no known cases of COVID-19 in our community to date, we changed our school schedule, closed campus and have gone into remote learning mode for the coming weeks.
This unexpected change of events has ripple effects on our academic calendar which affect upcoming alumni events. With the health and safety of those in the Parker community and beyond in mind, the following alumni events have been rescheduled for the 2020-21 school year on the dates listed below:
- Upper School Career Day | Friday, November 13
- Reunion Weekend 2020 (celebrating classes ending in “0” and “5”) | October 2–4
- West Coast Regional Events | Will be scheduled for Fall 2020
- East Coast Regional Events | Will be rescheduled for Spring 2021
- Reunion Weekend 2021 (celebrating classes ending in “1” and “6”) | May 14–16
We encourage everyone to continue to take prudent safety precautions. You can learn more about the Parker's response to COVID-19 at fwparker.org/covid19
which will be updated regularly going forward.
Respectfully and with appreciation for your support,
Dan Frank ’74